Board of Ordained Ministry
GHBEM E-Resources for COVID response
GBHEM recently launched a page on their website that has a number of resources in response to the COVID pandemic. It's a helpful place for candidates, clergy, and local pastors who are seeking additional information:
Board of Ordained Ministry Information and Guidelines
The Board of Ordained Ministry is responsible for supporting persons who respond to God's call to professional ministry as an elder, deacon, licensed local pastor, or other certified and licensed ministry options.
For the deacons and elder path:
- Candidacy Guide
- Please contact the BOM registrar Sara McManus with any questions you might have.
- Please note that the psychological assessment track has changed to be managed by the Conference Office and not through UMCARES as of Feb.28, 2021. For any questions, please contact Bea Stucke.
- Before coming for provisional membership, you must complete your educational requirements within 4 months after your expected date of commissioning. For example, if you will complete your final class in September 2020, you may submit your paperwork by September 1, 2019 to be potentially commissioned at Annual Conference 2020.
- Application Requirements for Commissioning as Deacon/ Elder (Provisional Membership)
- Application Requirements for Ordination as Deacon/ Elder (Full Membership)
- Candidacy Guide
For the local licensed pastor and associate member path:
Additional requirement resources:
LICENSING SCHOOL - JUNE 2022 - UPDATED TO ONLINE:
Our licensing school in 2022 has changed to being held online instead of in person from June 18-24, 2022.
--> The registration for 2022 is now closed. Please contact Bea Stucke if you have any questions.
--> Study Material is availble HERE
--> The detailed schedule will be available as we get closer to the date.
Please contact the dean Rev. Val Reinhiller for any questions.
Are you unsure of all the steps and what is next on your journey as a candidate for ministry? Do you know someone who might be a great candidate for ministry but you are quite sure of all of the information they may need?
Here is your chance to ask questions and get answers! Join a Zoom call to visit with oother candidates and a member of the Dakotas Conference Board of Ordained Ministry.
Rev. Sara McManus, the registrar for the Daktoas Conference Board of Ordained, is hosting a forum for candidates for ministry, date to be announced. Please check in with Bea Stucke for any question.